Imagine your hotel, tourism or service business being featured on Travel Weekly, Forbes Magazine, Huffington Post, CNN and INC. Would that make a difference? You bet it would! These sites get huge amounts of traffic and are high authority. Travelers will be impressed that your brand is there. And being featured in an article is far more influential than an advertisement. You can be there with a well-crafted Press Release or a Guest Post with strategic content that is valuable and unique.
Content is King
Content is King – that’s more true today than ever before, and it is particularly true today for the hotel, hospitality and tourism destination. But it has to be top quality content published on relevant quality sites. Quality content will include much more than stories about your brand. You will need to reach out and expand your horizons to include valuable content on your destination, your guests and your people.
In Chapter 3, we talk about how you can do that and I share some of the resources I use for content writing, publishing and syndication. I share details about what, when and where and, in particular, how to get the best results from your press releases. This section of the book also reviews the key press release services that I have used. I also share the content and merits of each.
Video is Fastest Growing Digital Content
Video is now the fastest growing format for content. In Chapter 4, I discuss how you can capitalize on this trend to drive more traffic and convert more bookings with video.
Here are the facts on video marketing, according to news shared by HubSpot:
- Video is projected to be more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Video in marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Videos on your landing pages (where you send click-on ads, etc.) can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that videos helped them make purchasing decisions.
- YouTube reports that mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- 33% of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision-makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
Digital Media reviews video and content marketing strategies that are tried, tested and proven. As a bonus, book buyers will also get access to proprietary techniques and the services of the Power Marketing Consultants Network, the largest international association of independent consultants.
Fatal Errors to Avoid in Your Content Network
A successful content strategy is all about building your network with content. It gets right down to the core of story telling with articles and blogs and it reveals the mistakes many people make. It talks about the pitfalls of using the existing Private Blog networks and what sort of Guest Post to use.
In Digital Media, I even discussed topics like building Silos that concentrate the power of your content and your links by layering blogs and articles and guest posts with a strategic linking structure that multiplies every piece of content that you create.
It deals with technical issues without getting bogged down in jargon. It will give you a good understanding on what to look for in consultants, marketers and employees you might need to help you build an effective Digital Media Strategy.
See also Content Optimisation
– Tactical detail created as a bonus for book buyers
Get Your Bonus at http://bonus.digitalmediaebook.com
Google News Approved – Update on Guest Post Blogging
Its not enough to write blogs on you own website. That is vital and it will certainly help create authority, relevance and currency for your site.
However, to promote your brand you need to have other site write about you.
You need season authors who under stand marketing and you have to reach out to sites that are high quality and relevant.
Getting these blogs Google news approved is vital to getting featured and seen.
Two sites I like are ThriveGlobal and TheFritz. Of Course Forbes and Inc will do but they are rather expensive.
Here is recent article we published on thrive and got it approved for listing on Google news – Its #1