Chapter 1: Travel Then and Now
The first Chapter in Amazon’s Best Selling Book “WEBSITE” is entitled Travel Then and Now. It pays homage to how tourism has changed and what that means for hotel & destination marketing. It explains what to expect and how it relates to the tourism and hotel website.
Chapter 1:”Travel Then and Now” notes: “We are experiencing the greatest rate of change and innovation in information technology, systems networking, publishing and marketing in the history of the world. In his ground-breaking book, “Abundance”, Peter Diamandis documents the exponential rate of change in several key sectors, particularly in communications.”
Tools of the Trade in Tourism Today
Today almost anyone can create, publish, distribute and promote blogs, articles, videos, magazines and books. The tools being used are available at a fraction of the cost they were just a few years ago. Hotel managers and tourism & hospitality professionals must engage with the new media. They must understand what tools and resources are available. This book is about mastering the new media. It shares information about the right tools and resources that will enhance your marketing and help you stand out of the crowd.
Review of Hotel & Tourism Resources
The book reviews several tools, resources, apps and services that will help you develop and market a modern, interactive website that targets your ideal customer. It shows how to fine-tune your messaging with Hot Buttons using the latest neuroscience research. It draws on 20 years of practical experience in building & marketing state-of-the-art websites and applications that drive tourism. Buy it on Amazon and take the first step to perfecting your website for the new age of travel marketing.
7 Reasons to Buy WEBSITE:
- Make Yourself Aware of Trends. Out of the kaleidoscope of dramatic change several trends are emerging. It is vital that you know these trends as you plan for the future. Chapter 1 sets the stage for what to expect, what you can learn and where you can get help.
- Know What Tools & Resources Can Help – Each chapter will discuss and review resources that apply.
- Get the Latest Strategies on Websites As a Sales Agent – The Website is not a brochure. It is an interactive communications channel that should respond to users and provide the right message according to their state of mind. The message is the priority; design follows. Many get this wrong.
- Learn the Latest Strategies on Messaging & Communications
- Learn the Art of Blogging to Increase Authority, Engagement and Ranking
- Learn How to Take Control & Manage the Guest Review Process
- Learn How to Make Videos Work for You
- Get our Bonus membership – to keep informed of Trends & Strategies
Tourism in the Time of Covid
We are in a time of extreme change with the majority of airlines, hotels and tourism operations in lock-down. Travel died in march and no one know exactly when it will open up again. We will be adding new blogs and resources as the future unfolds- In the meantime check out this helpful site by Siteminder https://www.siteminder.com/covid-19-resource-centre/ – It looks at issues like how to handle cancellation, obligation to OTAs, new sales.channels and ways to cope and increase efficiencies